I don't think I'm a great teacher but they happen to like the way I teach them, we have fun together and they learn pretty well. Their names are Amanda (8) and Sofía (sofy, 10).
| Sofy |
Sofy is a great atudent, her brain's just like a sponge. She likes so much english and she just want to learn as much as possible and now xD she's proactive and most of the time suggests activities and homework and has a remarkable ability in speaking and pronounciation.
| Amanda |
Both of them are good, intelligent kids, they really enjoy our classes and I think that's the main incentive for me to continue teaching them.
As they like animals and in order to capture their atention, our first class was about jungle and we saw a video called "Jingle jungle monkey" from CBBC's web page. I remember I used the word 'banana' to teach them the english vowel "schwa" xD there's still an echo inside my head of our voices repeating "banana, banana" lol, We've also worked with vocabulary cards, worksheets, games, quizes and stuff.
May be it is thanks to these girls that I at least realized the love for teaching inside of me xP of course I know I must be a down-to-earth person, not all kids are disposed to learn like Amanda and Sofy are, but I still want to give it a try, to prove myself I can be a good teacher. And to pass on not just knowledge, but also values and share my experiences and view of life.
And why am I talking to you about it? Cause today we started our summer classes, I was so nervous, this is the first time I give this kind of classes and they are suposed to be more funny and interactive than regular ones. I choosed the "The lion and the mouse" tail u.u but it didn't go that funny... swt, there was too much vocabulary to go through <.< Anyway, the next class we'll watch this video about the story:
These are also some pages where I pic up material from:
So, that's it for now :3
Congrats!
ResponderEliminarI'm really proud of you and your teaching skills :D
kisss
Hey, this is great :D I was wondering if someday could I join you to see how you do it >< I've never done it before, and I think it could be a cool experience (:
ResponderEliminarCynthia .-
Sweet! you are awesome Peke! I wish i had your mojo XD
ResponderEliminarthank you so much!! ^^
ResponderEliminarI´m glam I finally have posts xD lol
oso: kiss de vuelta ^^ =*
cindy: you can join me whenever you want, I´m pretty sure I've got a lot to learn from you :3
Pao: you know, I just followed your example and wrote it in english ^^ (haha xD I had to look for the word "mojo")